Squid meat is gentle and tasty. It contains a lot of neat protein and a high amount of amino acids, vitamins and minerals, which are very healthy for our body.
This meat is used to prepare many different dishes: soups, cutlets, meatballs, stuffed, baked, boiled, fried and dried squids.
To cook these dishes you should use head, trunk or tentacles. Cold of frozen fillet of squids is also very tasty.
Today we would like to tell about simple and sweet salad recipes.
Five secrets of squids preparation and cooking
- If you bought a squid with skin, remove it: cover the molluscum with boiled water for 30 seconds and remove the skin, using a knife. In addition, you can put your squid under flowing water and peel it.
- Don’t forget to take away its chitinous plate.
- In order to keep all useful properties of squid’s meat steam this meat within 3 minutes.
- To make the squid’s meat more delicate, don’t cook it more than 2 – 3 minutes.
- Fry squid’s meat on a heated frying pan within 3 – 5 minutes. Beat the meat in advance.
Squid salad with potato
- squid (trunk) – 300 gm;
- 3 Average – sized potatoes;
- 0,5 bunch of dill;
- spring onion – 30 gm;
- dense sour cream – 3 tablespoons;
- parsley for decoration;
Unfreeze the fillet, wash and remove its skin. Boil the meat in salted water within 3 minutes and then let it cool. Cut it into strips.
Take onion, dill and chop them.
Mix all ingredients, add salt, pepper and sour cream. Put the salad with potatoes and decorate it with parsley leaves.
Squid salad with apples and cheese
- 400 gm of squid trunk;
- 200 gm of apples;
- 100 gm of salad leek;
- 100 gm of cheese;
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise;
Boil already prepared trunks in salted water within 3 minutes and then let them cool. Cut the meat into strips. Peel the apples and chop them finely. Cut the cheese into strips or grate it.
Peel salad leek and divide it in half. Chop it into fine strips and semirings. Put all this products into a bowl and dress the dish with mayonnaise. Then add lettuce; put squids with apples and cheese over the leaves. Decorate the salad with apple cloves.
Squid salad with champignons
- 300 gm of peeled squid (trunk);
- 250 gm of champignons;
- 2 -3 hen’s eggs;
- spring onions to your taste;
- vegetable oil;
- lettuce to decorate the dish;
Wash the squids, dry them and cut into fine strips. Fry them with vegetable oil within 3 – 5 minutes and add spices. Cut champignons in half and chop them finely. Fry them and add salt. Cut boiled eggs into strips and pound spring onions.
Lay out salad leaves on a plate and then put the fried squids and champignons. Cover them with eggs and add the onion for decoration. If you wish, you can dress the salad with vegetable oil.
Squid salad with sea kale
- 200 gm of peeled squids (fillet, trunk);
- 300 gm of tinned sea kale;
- 100 gm of fresh carrot;
- 1 average bulb onion and salad leek;
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil;
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar;
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice;
Boil the squids within 3 – 4 minutes. Let them cool and chop into cubes or strips.
Wash, peel and cut the carrot. Peel the onion and divide it into half. Cut it into fine semirings.
Mix the meat of squid, carrot, onion and sea kale. Beat up olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon sap, salt and pepper. Add this dressing to the salad. Lay it out in a salad dish. Bon appetite!
Squid salad with rice
- 250 gm of boiled squids;
- 150 gm of boiled rice;
- 150 – 200 gm of fresh cucumber;
- 3 tablespoons of green peas;
- 0,5 bunch of onion;
- 25 gm of sour cream;
- 25 gm of mayonnaise;
- dill sprigs for decoration.
Slice boiled squids into average – sized cubes. Chop finely the cucumber. If it has a hard skin, peel it in advance.
Cut the spring onion. Mix squids, cucumber, chopped onion, boiled rice, green peas, mayonnaise and sour cream. Lay out the salad on a dish and decorate it with the dill.
Squid salad with pickled sweet pepper
- 50 gm of boiled squid;
- 1 pickled red pepper;
- 1 pickled yellow pepper;
- 1 pickled green pepper;
- 2 stems of spring onion;
- grape seeds oil.
Cut squid and pickled pepper. Pound spring onion and mix all the ingredients. Dress the salad with oil. The dish is ready!
Squid salad with white cabbage
- 300 gm of boiled trunk of squid;
- 150 gm of fresh white cabbage;
- 2 – 3 stems of spring onion;
- 1 – 2 stems of celery;
- 3 – 5 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice;
Chop the cabbage finely and add salt to your taste. Rub them and put the cabbage in a bowl. Add the meat of squid and finely chopped stem of celery with pounded verdure. Mix all these components and lay them out in a salad dish. Dress the salad with vegetable oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and beat it a little. Add the celery to decorate the salad.
Squid salad with oranges
- 200 gm of boiled squid;
- 1 orange;
- 2 apples;
- 2 – 3 stems of spring onion;
- 100 gm of sour cream.
Cut the boiled squid into strips. Peel apples and remove the seed. Slice them finely. Peel the orange and cut out the cloves. Mix these ingredients in a salad dish and dress the salad with sour cream. Mix it and add pounded spring onion.
Squid salad with deep-sea scallop
- 150 gm of squids;
- 150 gm of deep-sea scallop;
- 150 gm of shrimps;
- 100 gm of cherry tomatoes;
- 100 gm of fresh cucumbers;
- 0,5 bunch of dill and parsley;
- dressing to your taste.
Boil peeled squids in salted water during 3 – 4 minutes, deep-sea scallop (5 – 8 minutes) and shrimps (2 – 5 minutes). Let them cool. Remove the crust from shrimps. Cut squids, shrimps and scallops into strips or cubes. Divide tomatoes in half and cut cucumbers finely. Pound verdure and leave some part for decoration.
Mix tomatoes, cucumbers and verdure. Add salt, pepper and lay out this mass on a plate. Mix squids, shrimps and scallops, put them over the vegetables, and add dill with parsley. Dress the salad to your taste.