It is autumn, and that means it’s time to harvest tomatoes. What can we cook? Of course, a delicious pizza.
Margarita, Marinara or four cheese – choose any. You can even invent your own toppings. But the dough should always be the same: thin, crispy and tender. A sauce – juicy, saturated and at the same time quite neutral to avoid becoming the main taste.
During his numerous culinary trips to Italy, Jamie Oliver found the perfect, if you want a canonical recipe of the dough and sauce. By following the rules you will get a great pizza.
Perfect Pizza Dough
What is Necessary For the Dough:
- 200 g semolina (the secret of the perfect dough is in it);
- 800 g flour from durum wheat (if it is a problem, feel free to replace it with the ordinary flour of higher quality);
- 550 ml warm water;
- 1 tbsp salt;
- 4 tbsp olive oil;
- 14 g of dry yeast.
How to Cook:
- Place the flour and semolina on your work surface, make a well in the center and pour in warm water.
- Slowly but surely with the help of a fork mix the flour and water. Do not rush to indulge your hands, the dough should be prepared for this – warns Jamie.
- Add the salt, olive oil and dried yeast. Stir with a fork, collecting flour from the edges.
- As soon as you feel that the fork was hard work, sprinkle your hands with flour and begin to knead the dough. The main task in this process is to achieve maximum flexibility of the dough.It is not easy, but the result is worth it.
- Form a ball of dough. Put it in a bowl, previously floured.
- Yeast loves heat and moisture, so cover the bowl with a damp cloth and place in a warm place for 45-60 minutes, the dough should increase three times.
- The dough is ready, roll it as thin as possible.
Now Make the Sauce
- a bunch of green basil;
- 4 garlic cloves;
- 8 tablespoons olive oil;
- 3 jars of canned tomatoes in own juice;
- salt and pepper.
How to Cook:
- Grind the garlic.
- Fry the garlic and basil in the olive oil, add the canned tomatoes and mash them with a spoon. Add salt and pepper, and stir everything properly. Cook a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat and sieve the mass.
- Return to heat and cook on low heat for another 5 minutes.
The sauce is ready!
What is left is to cut smoked sausage, spread slices of canned pineapple, grate cheese and put your masterpiece in the oven!