Sunlight provides us with vital energy. A process of tanning strengthens one’s immune system, stimulates a production of physiologically active substances and protective functions of skin. Moreover, a bronzed body looks so beautiful!
Today, there is no need to go to the south as far as you can get tanned in a tanning bed! JustLady, a woman’s magazine is going to tell you how to use a tanning bed (aka a solarium) safely and enjoy your time spent tanning!
Very often people forget about the main reason we go to solarium: strengthening the immune system and rehabilitation. Unfortunately, we do not want to wait for beautiful color skin; our aim is to get tanned as quickly as possible.
Well, is it safe? What is the principle of solarium method for tanning?
Lamps of different types of solariums differ in power; however, in order to confirm a certain modification of a devise, it should be tested for the duration a man with a normal skin can get an optimal amount of ultraviolet radiation.
Conditionally, such rate is indicated as 4 MED, i.e., minimal erythermal dose. They say that if you want to get tanned in solarium quickly, it is necessary to increase the time of the tan duration or choose a device of high lamp capacity. Actually, this is a misconception. Characteristic data (time and power) are not interchangeable.
A recommended rate of minimal erythermal dose depends on your type and skin color. Hence, specialists of solarium define a procedure duration and session frequency.
- After the procedure, pigmentation shows within 1-8 hours and lasts for one or more days. And there is no need to visit a solarium every day. Moreover, too often stimulation of processes of one’s body provokes fatigability and may have negative effects.
- In the process of tanning, protein output speed is being disrupted, and if there is some time for its recovery, the tanning procedure is of use. Moreover, protective functions of skin go up, it becomes more stable to solar burns (up to 40%). In case you take sun baths too often, there is no time to recover protein synthesis at all. As a result, it mattes; such process increases mutations and it leads to skin diseases and body dysfunction.
- Several hours hour after the procedure you may feel skin tension or small redness may appear. It indicates you have received maximum admissible dose of ultraviolet rays. Unfortunately, one can ignore this fact and the duration of the next procedure will be the same. It is not recommended. Furthermore, it is desirable to shorten the next session a bit.
Thus, such kind of procedures may even be dangerous!
How to Become Brown in a Tanning Bed?
How to take care of dry skin? Healthy dry skin looks very attractive. It is thin, soft, free of greasy luster and enlarged pores. However, there are some disadvantages: it is thin-skinned, sensitive to external factors and wrinkles.
First of all, one needs to consult a doctor as to getting tanned. In case you take some medicines, it can provoke side effects. Thus, you’ll have to wait for the course termination.
Certificates and characteristics of applied lamps are very important. You should examine them first. Also, it is recommended to know useful time of lamps and UV radiation rate.
If the service life of lamps is no more than 20 hours, it is better to reduce the session time. Examine UV radiation data in respect to percentage amount of ultraviolet imaging. If you have swarthy skin, choose indication up to 2.4%. In case of light skin – no more than 0.7%.
To get tanned safely means to apply protective agents. Use special cosmetics for tanning in a bed (don’t use sun-block cream).
Use lipstick with anti-sun filters. It is necessary to cover your head as UV radiation adversely affects hair and makes your hair dry and fragile. Also cover intimate zones and breast. Put on sunny glasses and take off lenses!
If you came to the solarium for the first time, ask a specialist how to work the control panel so that you could call for help in case of necessity.
Before you start such procedures, we advise you to prepare the skin. Apart from usage of special suntan lotions, stop soap washing right before the session, because dry skin loses protective properties and one can be scorched.
After the session, use lotions after tan only in order to moisten the skin and damp any redness. Buy agents for solarium application only.
Also, your body needs some rest after ultraviolet radiation!
How Much Time to Become Brown?
Usually, a specialist of solarium advises on these questions. Well, it depends on one’s skin type. Be careful choosing the time!
Here are common recommendations as to time sessions in solarium:
- The course – 10 sessions;
- The course duration – 2-3 weeks;
- Maintenance procedures after you’ve reached a desirable skin shade: 1-2 sessions a week.
Keep in mind that it is dangerous to visit solarium all year round. Optimal number of procedure sessions is twice per year (15-20 sessions for 1 course).