The pancreas is the most vulnerable of all the organs of digestion. Pancreatic tissue does not contain an enzyme which can dissolve harmful substances like alcohol, like in the liver. You can even get pancreatitis after one fun party with drinks and heavy snacks.
Pancreatitis is an inflammation of the pancreas due to poor nutrition and alcohol.
The pancreas does not receive well:
- smoked foods,
- very fat foods,
- spicy foods,
- food containing an excess amount of protein,
- products with flavors, preservatives,
- bone broths,
- ice cream,
- oil creams,
- all sorts and variations of fast food.
The pancreas loves full, rational, and regular meals. Include in your daily diet steamed vegetables – carrots, cabbage, zucchini, etc. The best bread is day-old unleavened. Drinking enough mineral water with an alkaline reaction has a beneficial effect on the pancreas aw well.
How to Determine that the Pancreas “Is Waking Up”?
If you feel:
- pain in the stomach, increasing after eating, often extending to the right and left upper quadrant, “belting” or striking in the back;
- false poisoning – nausea, vomiting, sour diarrhea;
- palpation in the area just above the navel causes pain.
Yet it is very hard to determine independently whether or not the cause of these manifestations is a malfunction of the pancreas, because the same symptoms occur in many other diseases of the digestive tract.
Only a doctor, relying on tests, will be able to put the correct diagnosis and comprehensive treatment. Often it is enough to comply with medical diet and reception of enzyme preparations: Mezim, Pancreatin, Kreon, etc.
If the pancreas sends a distress signal, you should not hesitate. Immediately contact a doctor, so that the process doesn’t pass into the chronic form. Without treatment, soon you can get obesity and diabetes.